Wednesday, February 13, 2008

in da far far away land

so i heard dat the Parliment is dissolved n General Election should ensue within 60 days
i guess by now all the bridges n trees n lamp posts fall victim to bulan n dacing n roket n wat else flags n all those kutuk mengutuk banner erected on every surface available

well, i can't say much since as eligible as i am
the one responsibility dat come with turning 21 few years back slipped rite thru my mind
but i am sure there's sumone or two who mysteriously cast a vote on my behalf
politic just not my thang i must say

few things i fondly remember from GE growing up is how much kertas conteng me n my frens got from the small flags n banners
not forgetting the stunt my mum pulls every GE
she says she won't go back to vote but by 10 am we were all kerah-ed to get ready to balik kampung
*head shaking*
well, grandma couldn't afford to lose another vote for her party, couldn't she?
but i like the day trip balik kampung on GE, dunno why :)
ouh, when i was small, in my dad's village got another party called Semangat 46 which was dissolved sumtime when i was in secondary school, i kinda like their flag
i remember how my uncle would marah-marah my cousins for bringing home the opponent's flag
i clearly recall his words
"ni ape dacing2 nih, bulan jer boleh naik umah ni!"

well, this coming March 8 i shall miss my 1st election
to others, pangkah la mane yang patut

No comments: